Foundation for an Independent Tomorrow (FIT)
Foundation for an Independent Tomorrow (FIT) is a Nevada non-profit corporation founded in 1997. We are 501(c)(3) qualified as a charitable organization and are United Way accredited. FIT is governed by a Board of Directors of local business people.
FIT – Foundation for an Independent Tomorrow provides job training, coaching, and support based on job seekers’ individual needs and the skills employers tell us they are looking for.
Our goal is to empower unemployed and underemployed individuals in southern Nevada into jobs that pay enough to make them able to support their family without public assistance. FIT provides vocational training, job preparation, education and employment services to move Nevadans into self-sufficient employment and financial stability. FIT’s unique service provides clients with the hope for a second chance or a new beginning.
Our approach couples integrated case management with bundled services.
- “Integrated case management” means that each client will deal directly with a Case Manager who will interact with them throughout their time in the program. This method of case management has a proven record of success.
- “Bundled services” means that FIT can offer each of the things that a client might require in order to succeed. Services may include:
- Individualized case management
- Basic literacy education
- Vocation specific training
- On the Job Training
- Workforce prerequisites (such as work boots or scrubs)
- Support services (such as bus passes or food vouchers)
FIT’s work is particularly important at this time. As our country struggles through a serious economic recession, our services are in increasing demand. Through the generosity of grants and support from donors, FIT is able to meet the growing need in our community by advancing people into long-term, self-sufficient employment.